Dr. Md. Hasanuzzaman
Ph.D (Inje University College of Medicine, Busan, South Korea)
M.Pharm (University of Dhaka)
B.Pharm (University of Dhaka)
|Blood Group: AB+|
|Joining Date : 15/03/2012|
Molecular Pharmacology and Genetics, Natural Products.
About Dr. Md. Hasanuzzaman
20. Kang HM, Hasanuzzaman M, Kim SW, Koh HJ, Lee SC. Significant elevation of aqueous endothelin-1 in central retinal vein occlusion. PLoS One. 2021 Jun 2;16(6):e0252530. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0252530. eCollection 2021
19. MAR Faysal, MA Barek, S Jahan, AFM Daula, Basher MA, Hsanuzzaman M. Petroleum Ether and Chloroform Soluble Fractions of Whole Plant Extract of Acanthus ilicifolius Linn. Possesses Potential Analgesic and Antioxidant Activities. Discovery Phytomedicine 7 (1), 12-18. DOI: 10.15562/phytomedicine.2020.113
18. Afroz N, Ahsanul Hoq M, Jahan S, Mainul Islam M, Ahmed F, Shahid-Ud-Daula AFM, Hasanuzzaman M. Methanol soluble fraction of fruits of Annona muricata possesses significant antidiarrheal activities. Heliyon. 2019 Dec 31;6(1):e03112. doi: 10.1016/j.heliyon.2019.e03112.
17. Barek A, Hasanuzzaman M, Basher MA, Hossan Y, Reyadh FA. A review on important medicinal plants having wound healing effects available in Bangladesh and their pharmacological activities. Acad. J. Med. Plants. 2019; 7(10): 218-227.
16. Hasanuzzaman M, Yi M, Cho M, Parvez MM, Lee SJ, Shin JG. Rifampin induces expression of P-glycoprotein on the THP1 cell- derived macrophages, causing decrease intra-macrophage concentration of prothionamide. J Pharm Sci. 2019 Apr 13. PMID: 30991038
15. Lee DH, Hasanuzzaman M, Kwon D, Choi HY, Kim SM, Kim DJ, Kang DJ, Hwang TH, Kim HH, Shin HJ, Shin JG, Oh S, Lee S, Kim SW. 10-Phenyltriazoyl artemisinin is a novel P-glycoprotein inhibitor that suppresses the overexpression and function of P-glycoprotein. Curr Pharm Des. 2018;24(46):5590-5597. PMID: 30799787. (First Author, equally contributed).
14. Jahan S, Kar A, Das S, Chowdhury MAU, Islam MS, Hasanuzzaman M. Antidiarrheal and Antimotility Activities of Stem Bark Extracts of Annona reticulata Linn. in Mice Model. Journal of Applied Life Science International. 2019; 20(3): 1-9. DOI:10.9734/JALSI/2019/v20i330082
13. Kim SW, Hasanuzzaman M, Cho M, Kim NH, Choi HY, Han JW, Park HJ, Oh JW, Shin JG. Role of 14-3-3 sigma in over-expression of P-gp by rifampin and paclitaxel stimulation through interaction with PXR. Cell Signal. 2017 Feb;31:124-134. PMID: 28077325. (First Author, equally contributed)
12. Kibria G, Karmakar P, Sarwar MS, Das A, Hasanuzzaman M, Khan F, Rafiquzzaman M, Islam MS. Comparative study of antidiabetic effect of some selected plants extract from Cucurbitaceae family in alloxan-induced diabetic mice. Journal of Noakhali Science and Technology University (JNSTU), 1(2): 81-91(2017).
11. Ghim JL, Paik SH, Hasanuzzaman M, Chi YH, Choi HK, Kim DH, Shin JG.Absolute bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of the angiotensin II receptor antagonist fimasartan in healthy subjects. J ClinPharmacol. 2016 May;56(5):576-80. PMID: 26272450
10. Kim SW, Hasanuzzaman M, Cho M, Heo YR, Ryu MJ, Ha NY, Park HJ, Park HY, Shin JG. DatCasein Kinase 2 (CK2)-mediated Phosphorylation of Hsp90β as a Novel Mechanism of Rifampin-induced MDR1 Expression. J Biol Chem. 2015 Jul 3;290(27):17029-40. PMID: 25995454. (First Author, equally contributed)
9. Ali MR, Hossain M, Runa JF, Hasanuzzaman M, Islam M. Evaluation of thrombolytic potential of three medicinal plants available in Bangladesh, as a potent source of thrombolytic compounds. Avicenna J Phytomed. 2014 Nov-Dec; 4(6): 430–436. PMID: 25386407
8. Kuri S, Billah MM, Rana SMM, Naim Z, Islam MM, Hasanuzzaman M, Ali MR, Banik R. Phytochemical and in vitro biological investigations of methanolic extracts of EnhydrafluctuansLour. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed. Apr 2014; 4(4): 299–305. PMID: 25182555
7. Ali MR, Hossain M, Runa JF, Hasanuzzaman M. Assessment of anthelmintic potential of Averrhoabilimbi, Clerodendrumviscosum and Drynariaquercifolia: as an alternative source for anthelmintics. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 5(4): July-August 2013, 178-181.
6. Hasanuzzaman M, Bin Sayeed MS, Islam MS, Sarwar MS, Moghal MMR, Ahmed JU and Islam MS. PRELIMINARY ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITY AND CYTOTOXICITY OF PLANT EXTRACTS (ROOTS) OF COCCINIA GRANDIS (FAMILY: CUCURBITACEAE). IJPSR, 2013; Vol. 4(4): 1466-1468.
5. Runa JF, Hossain M, Hasanuzzaman M, Ali MR. Investigation of Phenolic Profiles, Cytotoxic Potential and Phytochemical Screening of Different Extracts of Drynariaquercifolia J. Smith (Leaves). Adv Pharm Bull. 2013;3(2):465-7. PMID:24312880
4. Hasanuzzaman M, Ali MR, Hossain M, Kuri S, Islam MS. Evaluation of total phenolic content, free radical scavenging activity and phytochemical screening of different extracts of Averrhoabilimbi (fruits). International Current Pharmaceutical Journal, March 2013, 2(4): 92-96.
3. Shohag MH, Islam MS, Ahmed MU, Joti JJ, Islam MS, Hasanuzzaman M, Hasnat A. Pharmacokinetic and bioequivalence study of etoricoxib tablet in healthy Bangladeshi volunteers. Arzneimittelforschung. 2011;61(11):617-21. PMID: 22232850
2. Amin MR, Hasan M, Masud AA, Uddin MH, Hasanuzzaman M, Islam MK. Validated UV Spectrophotometric method for estimation of Dutasteride in tablet dosage form. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy. 2011;4(04):1-3.
1. Ali MR, Hossain M, Runa JF, Hasanuzzaman M. Preliminary cytotoxic activity of different extracts of Averrhoabilimbi(fruits). International Current Pharmaceutical Journal, February 2013, 2(3): 83-84.
Experiences and Activities
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Pharmacology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea (March 2020 to present date).
Working on 'The finding of Molecular Mechanism of Multi-drug Resistance (MDR) Cancer and Tuberculosis Mediated by ABC Transporter, such as P-gp, MRP, and BCRP.'
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Pharmacology, Catholic Kwandong University International St. Mary’s Hospital, Incheon, South Korea (January 2020 to February 2020).
Cell culture, Cell Viability Assay, Protein quantification, and Immunoprecipitation.
Cell fractionation, quantitative and qualitative evaluation of proteins in different parts of cells (Western Blot and Cell Compartment Kit Fractionation).
Gene transfection (Both with Lipofectamine reagents and Neon Transfection System), Gene expression analysis through Reverse Transcriptase-PCR and qRT-PCR.
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA).
Drug accumulation study in cells.
TLC and Phytochemistry related experiment.
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, from 6th April, 2018 to till date.
Assistant Professor, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, from 15th March, 2014 to 5th April, 2018.
Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, from 15th March, 2012 to 14th March, 2014.
Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, University of Asia Pacific, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209, from 2nd May, 2011 to 14th March, 2012.
Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, State University of Bangladesh, Dhaka-1205, from 1st August, 2010 to 30th April, 2011.
Assistant Director, Research Cell, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali, Bangladesh (November 2018 to present (on leave)).
Production Pharmacist, Eskayef Bangladesh Limited. (Successor of Smith Kline and French) from 8th July, 2008 to 31st July, 2010.
Major Job Responsibilities: Dispensing of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), Supervising, and monitoring the manufacturing process such as granulation, blending, compression, and tablet coating. Supervising and monitoring of encapsulation and packaging of the pharmaceutical finished products.
TRAINING AND WORKSHOP
10th November to 19th November 2018, participated in 10 day’s ‘Advanced Training on Biotechnology’ organized by the National Institute of Biotechnology (NIB), Savar, Dhaka-Bangladesh.
25th May to 27th May 2017, participated in a 3-day workshop on ‘’Introduction to Computational Biology’’ held in video conference room-1, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh.
June 2016, participated in the GastroPlus PBPK workshop (3 Days) in Chungnam National University, Daejon, Republic of Korea. The aim of the workshop was to learn the preliminary knowledge of PBPK modeling and drug dose simulation based on the different physiological body conditions of humans.
2008: A 4 weeks in-plant training in Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Dhaka Unit, Kaliakoir, Gazipur) from 26th April to 24th May in 2008. The main focus was on production, product development, quality control, and quality assurance of Pharmaceutical products.
2007: A 3-day long program on Career opportunities in Pharmacy Profession. The main focus was the scope, opportunities, responsibilities, and activities of a pharmacist in the perspective of Bangladesh.
‘Annual Congress on Medicine’ held on November 05-06, 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
18th International Congress of International Society for Ethnopharmacology & 5th International Congress of Society for Ethnopharmacology, India (ISE-SFEC 2018) held at Nabab Nawab Ali Chowdhury Senate Bhaban, organized by Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka during 13-15 January 2018.
International Conference on Pharmacogenomics, KSCPT meeting, and 11th ISSX meeting, 2016, in BEXCO, Republic of Korea.
Conference of Korean Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Haeundae Paik Hospital, Busan, Korea in November 2014.
Conference of Korean Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea in November 2013.
Clinical Trial Industry Symposium at BEXCO, Korea in September 2013.
Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh
Korean Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics (KSCPT)
International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics (ISSX)