Dr. Pijush Kanti Jhan
Ph.D. (Kyungpook National University, South Korea)
M.S. (Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh)
B.Sc.Ag. (hons) (Patuakhali Science and Technology University, Bangladesh)
|Blood Group: B+|
|Joining Date : 28/04/2019|
Insect taxonomy and molecular physiology.
About Dr. Pijush Kanti Jhan
Dr. Jhan completed his MS in insect taxonomy and Ph.D. in insect physiology. During the MS study, he discovered five new insect species and recorded 18 genera from Bangladesh. He studied vector insect whitefly (Bemisia tabaci) with Begomovirus transmission and relationship in his Ph.D. and learned knowledge about insect molecular taxonomy also. Now he has been continuing his research in insect molecular taxonomy and virus transmission ability confirmation of the indigenous whiteflies of Bangladesh.
Skills and expertise
- Insect Taxonomy
- DNA Isolation
- Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- DNA Sequence Analysis
- RNA Isolation
- cDNA Synthesis
- Real-Time rtPCR
- Protein Isolation
- Bradford Protein Assay
- Western Blot
- Room number: 06, 9th Floor (Department of Agriculture)
- Academic Building-2, Noakhali Science and Technology University, Noakhali-3814, Bangladesh
- Cell: +8801799603677
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. The taxonomic status of leafhoppers from the South-Eastern part of Bangladesh.
- 2. Virus transmission ability assessment of indigenous whiteflies (Bemisia tabaci) of Bangladesh.
1. Jhan, P. K., Rahman, M. A., Jahan, S. M. H., & Khan, M. H. S. (2016). A newly recorded genus Hauptenia Szwedo (Hemiptera:Fulgoromorph: Derbidae) in Bangladesh, with description of a new species. International Journal of Innovative Research, 1(1), 1-4.
2. Jhan, P. K., Shim, J. K., Lee, S., & Lee, K. Y. (2018). Differential responses between a vector species Bemisia tabaci and a nonvector species Trialeurodes vaporariorum following ingestion of tomato yellow leaf curl virus. Archives of Insect Biochemistry and Physiology, 100(2). Impact Factor: 1.31
3. Mostafiz, M. M., Jhan, P. K., Shim, J. K., & Lee, K. Y. (2018). Methyl benzoate exhibits insecticidal and repellent activities against Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae). PLOS One, 13(12). Impact Factor: 2.76
4. Nuruzzaman, M., Rahman, M. A., Jahan, S. M. H., Khan, M. H. S., Jhan, P. K., & Lee, K. Y. (2018). First Molecular Identification of Tetranychus malaysiensis and Sancassania sp. in Bangladesh. International Journal of Innovative Research, 3(1), 1-6.
5. Rahman, M. A., Jhan, P. K., Khan, M. H. S., Jahan, S. M. H., & Alam, R., (2016). A Preliminary Checklist of Auchenorrhyncha (Hemiptera) from Bangladesh. International Journal of Innovative Research, 1(2), 9–16.
Experiences and Activities